Benefits for Alumni Relations
There are several benefits of sponsorship to an alumni relations team:
- It signifies your commitment to your alumni leaders so unselfishly working to support the school;
- It allows visible recognition for that support while simultaneously providing access to the Workshop for several chapter leaders (sponsorships include complimentary registrations);
- It permits alumni relations to offer a perk or reward to hard working alumni volunteers;
- It may also allow alumni relations to have access to a valuable carrot to incent future leaders during recruiting;
- It offers a media opportunity for use in newsletters, online posts, in social media and in the alumni magazine enabling global recognition for the regional event;
- It offers actionable localized training, infrastructure, support and access for ALL your club and chapter leaders;
- It will energize your volunteers beyond their existing amazing level of activity to make things happen;
- You win amazing goodwill with your volunteers to be banked for future need!
- Never forget, just because someone is a volunteer for another club, does not mean they are not also an alumna/alumnus of yours – or are married to one! This is a great recruiting tool!
- From a development perspective, research has shown that alumni that participate in actively run, locally organized clubs are twice as likely to donate to the university
- They are 11 times more likely to donate $10,000 or more!!
Benefits for Clubs and Chapters
There are several benefits of sponsorship to local clubs and chapters:
- It signifies your commitment to supporting your fellow club and chapter leadership - including the extended board – with tools, training and infrastructure to get their job done.
- It is a demonstration to your alumni base that you are committed to their programming and support.
- It allows visible recognition for that support throughout the entire local community of alumni groups while simultaneously providing access to the workshop for several chapter leaders (sponsorships include complimentary registrations).
- It’s an opportunity to offer participation as either a reward to hard working volunteers, or as an incentive when recruiting the next slate of officers.
- It is an opportunity to promote important upcoming events (like golf tournaments, speaker events, etc.) where you need more attendees to the people that make things happen in other clubs locally.
- Never forget, just because someone is a volunteer for one club, does not mean they are not also an alumna/alumnus of yours – or are married to one! This is a great recruiting tool!
- Lastly, your support helps ensure this kind of programming - that helps your team and lifts up the entire subculture of volunteer leaders - will continue into the next year.
There are four levels of general sponsorship for alumni groups as follows with benefits:
In addition, your group can sponsor a specific part of the program, such as:
- Welcome Bag Sponsor ($650 - 1 sponsorship available)
- Put your group logo along with the conference information on the bags for EVERYONE to take
- Additional benefits at the Bronze level
- “Fully Funded” Book Sponsor ($250 - 8 sponsorships available)
- Provide 10 ultimate alumni club reference books to attendees: the recently published “Fully Funded: Outrageously Successful Ways to Fund and Alumni Chapter”
- Personally participate in the distribution of the books as door prizes.
- Group name and logo on website, materials and announcements.
We have the further need for a few in-kind sponsors seeking exposure to this audience.
Lunch (1 sponsorship available)TAKEN
- Donation of the lunch for all participants including food and drinks.
- Additional benefits at the Platinum sponsorship level.
- After Party Happy Hour Beer & Wine Sponsor (up to 2 sponsorships available)
- Donation of beer in cans or bottles, and/or wine
- Additional benefits at the Gold or Silver sponsorship level, commensurate with donation.
- Coffee Break (1 sponsorship available)
- Donation of coffee and/or mid-day snacks for the break.
- Additional benefits at the Gold sponsorship level.