American National Bank of Texas (ANBTX) offers insurance packages specific to alumni chapters and networks across the country.
Policies include directors and officers liability (D&O), crime liability, general liability, special event liability and employee/volunteer practices liability among others.
Most insurance companies look on chapter's as far too small to be of interest, but not ANBTX. We know just how import the work of alumni groups is and prioritize protecting the volunteer leaders and the organizations. In short,
- Directors and officers liability (D&O) indemnifies directors and officers for damages and defense costs arising from lawsuits alleging various "wrongful acts," such as failing to disclose conflicts of interest, or misuse of chapter funds. It does not cover intentional illegal acts, however.
- General liability against liability claims for bodily injury and property damage, such as some gets injured during a chapter event.
- Special event liability offers general liability coverage on a one-off basis for those not having an annual policy and/or when the event falls outside of traditional policy coverage, such as at someone's home or at a public park.
- Crime liability provides group coverage in case of a crime against the chapter, such as theft or forgery among others.
- Employee/volunteer practices liability protects the organization against claims alleging discrimination or harassment among others.
For more information or to discuss the topic further, send an email to info@SACLeadership.com with:
- Your contact information,
- A description of the group to be covered, and
- The coverages of interest to get the conversation started.
A senior agent will be in contact shortly. Let SACL's partner ANBTX transfer the liability off of volunteer leaders' personal insurance, and fill in the gaps that may exist in any university coverage.